Friday, July 30, 2010

Chocolate and Coconut Panna Cotta


As promised here is my chocolate and coconut panna cotta. I decided to make it when after a night out Luke came home to announce that I should make panna cotta… well ok. I always thought it was difficult so avoided it like the plague. The thing is – this recipe is too easy! It melts in your mouth but isn't too rich or sweet. A tart berry such as raspberries work really well with the dark chocolate.

Another reason I love this is that is uses so few ingredients and those that it does use can usually be found in my pantry at any given time.

I promise you it is a recipe that will impress any guest! Give it a crack!

375 mL CARNATION Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk

200 g Dark Cooking Chocolate broken into pieces

2 tsp gelatine

2 tbsp hot water

250 g raspberries ( or any berry really )

½ Cup Shredded Coconut

1. Heat evaporated milk until hot without boiling. Add dark cooking chocolate, stir until well combined.

2. Dissolve gelatine in hot water, combine with milk and chocolate mixture. Pour mixture evenly into 6 x 1/2 cup serving dishes such as ramekins, refrigerate until set.

3. In a fry pan toast shredded coconut until golden brown.

4. Unmould panna cotta onto serving plates just before serving.

5. Decorate with raspberries and coconut.

6. Enjoy!

Tips: Do not add any oil in the fry pan when toasting the coconut. To unmould the panna cotta, dip the ramekins in warm water then run a knife around the edge of the dish. Be careful not to leave the dishes in the warm water for too long otherwise they will melt!

R

x

( sorry for the poor photo - I took it on my iphone. )

No comments:

Post a Comment