Monday, August 30, 2010

An Almighty Pav!


I know I know I have been super slack on the blog front of late. Please forgive me!

To try make it up to you I am going to share what will undoubtedly be the BEST pavlova you will ever eat. Ever.

It is crunchy, gooey, and totally indulgent.

It is - the chocolate raspberry pav!

My Mum shared this Nigella Lawson ( aka kitchen goddess ) chocolate pavlova recipe with me. I was nervous at first having never made any kind of pavlova in my life let along tackle a chocolate one however I was super pleased that I did as it is relatively easy ( with some basic skills ) and provides high praise from your guests.

I made this for a Sunday lunch and it finished off what was an utterly delicious meal ( many thanks to all of the contributors! )

A couple of things to note with the recipe:

1. Follow it to the T. It will ask for peaks - make sure you get them!
2. Your pav will sink. It is ok though - once you stack on the cream and raspberries you can't tell. It is what it is meant to do!
3. When you serve it with a meal make sure you leave space for a second slice!

So, I implore you to give this a try. It is well worth the 6 egg yolks that you have to try find a recipe for once you have whipped up their white counter parts!

R
x

p.s. photo from Nigella's site - I like to think mine looked pretty close but I didn't think to take a photo of it! Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment