Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Long time no see!

Well hello there!

It has been quite some time since we last met and amazingly quite a bit has changed!

I guess the biggest change would be that we have moved again. Despite having only owned our little place for just over 12 months Luke got an offer too good to refuse so yet again we packed our bags and belongings and moved...to New Zealand! We still own our unit and have found a tenant to take care of it for us. I will fill you in on New Zealand shortly.

The other big change is that Luke and I were married on Oct 30,2010 in what we both describe as being the best day of our lives. So, I am now a Mrs which is oh so lovely! Our clostest loved ones joined us at an afternoon ceremony at the Garrison church in The Rocks (simply stunning!) followed by a wonderful feast at the Italian Village also in The Rocks. Everything went without a glitch and the rain even held off which was quite unlikely for an event of ours (so unlikely infact that we bought matching polka dot umbrellas for the bridal party which went unused!). Both venues look stunning as did my handsom groom and bridal party. And me? I think I looked pretty swish in my champagane coloured french lace gown and bespoke headpiece. Luke has said time and time again that he wishes we could do it all over again to keep the memories fresh - it was honestly the best fun either of us has ever had!

So New Zealand you ask? Well Luke being so brilliant at what he does was offered a position to join the New Zealand branch of his company supported by an offer too good to refuse. It was not a decision we took lightly but together we decided it would be a fantastic adventure and a great way to start the next chapter of our lives together. So just 3 days before our wedding, Luke signed the contract and it was a done deal, we were moving to Auckland.

We have now been here for about a month and a half and are enjoying exploring this beautiful city. As we had all of our worldly possesions shipped over, we have had to wait until this week for them to arrive. Just two days ago Luke took delivery of them and we are just about ready to move into our new home in Parnell. Parnell is a very pretty suburb (and while I do hate to brag, quite a sought after address) with a lovely village vibe. Full of cafes, shops and galleries we are both in heaven there. Our 3 bedroom semi is large enough to comfortably fit guests and we are eargerly awaiting for them to start arriving.

I have found work here in Auckland which will be a great challenge for me as I have moved away from my comfort zone of Retail and into the world of IT.

So what does all these changes mean for my little blog? Well it will see it taking a slightly different direction as we explore our new city but it will still be filled with fabulous finds and cooking adventures.

Stay tuned friends!

R
X

No comments:

Post a Comment